EDI & Sustainability statement
ESWW2022 is devoted to universal values of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI), as well as sustainability regarding the environmental impact and we expect the respectful behavior of all participants of ESWW2022.
We strive to undertake this by adhering to the following: ESWW2022
As such, we have implemented the following measures:
- adopts the central aim of bringing communities together to encourage cross-disciplinary dialogue in the field of space weather and space climate with the aim of delivering reliable space weather services and monitoring capabilities and is thus primarily devoted to scientific excellence, collaboration, networking and exchange of knowledge,
- aims to invite participants and speakers from across the broad range of the space weather and space climate disciplines of diverse stage of career, gender, ethnicity, nationality, citizenship, economic status and any other background,
- is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and mutual respect and strives to create an environment that supports the success of all participants and their activities,
- is committed to sustainable development and strives to promote practices to reduce the environmental impact,
- is committed to providing a safe, open, and respectful environment and encourages all participants to pursue integrity, honesty, respect, courtesy, responsibility, and equity in their professional activities.
- While it is expected that tutors, conveners, invited speakers and speakers in general are selected primarily according to the research relevance criteria, we strongly advise to keep diversity in mind during the selection process.
- We understand that not all ESWW community members come from equal economic chances, therefore we have a discount registration fee for sensitive groups, as well as financial support.
- We minimize the usage of plastic and encourage the usage of recyclable material during the conference; in addition, we encourage usage of recycling bins throughout the venue. One action is that we bring our own water bottle.
- Professional and respectful conduct of all attendees is expected; bullying, harassment, intimidation, and discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated in any kind of interaction including display materials, presentations, discussions, chats, social media and social gatherings; any misconduct brought to the attention of LOC or PC will be sanctioned accordingly.